How to receive meeting responses for meetings scheduled within a channel?

Copper Contributor

Is there a way to receive meeting responses from attendees for meetings scheduled within a channel?  I know I should receive them if I schedule via outlook, but it would not be within a Teams Channel.  I know you can see attendees responses to the right of the meeting invitation, but what about when someone proposes a new time?  Where does that information go?

Thanks,

Mike

7 Replies

@mike_gi When you add a channel to a scheduled meeting the replies goes to the mailbox for the Office 365 associated with that Team that the channel belongs to. So unfortunately you will not see those answers so easy.

To get the option to suggest another time for the channel meeting an user have to first add the event to their calendar in Teams from the channel, then open Outlook and suggest a new time from there. 

I didn't see any uservoice about this, but there is an uservoice suggesting that propose new time should be added in Teams calendar.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38955103-propose-new-time-in-t...

@Linus Cansby  I appreciate the response; unfortunately, it seems that when a attendee suggests a new time in Outlook for that meeting, their response goes to the 365 mailbox, so the Organizer (in this instance, myself) never sees the proposal for a new meeting time.  Hopefully, there is coordination between the Outlook propose new time and the Teams propose new time features.

- Mike

@mike_gi  This has been a very frustrating point.  If we want to use channels as breakout rooms the easiest invite is from the team channel so folks are added to the team but you lose all responses accept accept or decline.  Any easy fix i could convey to my org?

@JustinWeintraub  Unfortunately, I don't work for Microsoft, I just happened to notice the issue just as you did.  It is possible this has been addressed, but I haven't revisited it in months.  The only work-around I've come up with is to make sure everyone knows that responses to the meeting invite will not be seen, so any replies, such as suggestions for new meeting times, are best sent via email.

@mike_gi This is ridiculous - Msft proposes Teams as an alternative to email, yet the most basic functionality is either missing or hidden. Seems obvious that if you create a team, you should be able to create events, notify all members (either email or some other way) and track responses - all from within Teams. Having to embed Outlook calendars etc in a Teams tab is possible but is an admission that Teams isn't yet fit for purpose. 

Agreed Matt.
<supportiverant>The lack of this integration renders channel meetings pointless - you have to do so much heavy lifting yourself, there's no benefit. Then all my users continue having Teams meetings outside the team, and have trouble finding assets associated with the meeting. It's a data/knowledge management/adoption backwards step. Grrr.
I'm experimenting with changing the settings in the underlying O365 Group for everyone to get all notifications that come to the group inbox. It's manageable with a project team of 6, but not at scale. .
</supportiverant>
I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. Now have come across this constraint I cannot understand why Teams channel meetings exist without this basic functionality, a real oversight by MS