How to Pin Messages in Teams Chats and Channel Conversations

MVP

Teams supports pinning of chats to highlight important messages to chat participants. You can also pin messages in channel conversations, but the highlighting is different. Like many things in life, it’s the details that matter when figuring out how useful message pinning will be for individual users. I’ve found a way to make chat pinning useful for me. The question is whether you can do the same!

https://office365itpros.com/2021/08/23/how-to-pin-messages-in-teams-chats-and-channel-conversations/

4 Replies
Very helpful - thanks, Tony

@Tony Redmond - has that functionality been discarded? I don't seem to be able to see it in my Teams options, after 'Reply' the next one is 'Save a message'.

@Tony Redmond Pinning messages in channels seems a bit useless, they aren't surfaced anywhere, unless I am missing something?

Teams needs a banner feature to show and cycle through these in the channel header like found in Telegram.

@Mr__T  The visibility is a pinned icon beside the post. It's not much and could be better. At Ignite, Microsoft announced that they are redesigning the channel UI. Let's hope they do a better job with the new UI.