SOLVED

How to make Team meeting attendees anonymous to each other?

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Copper Contributor

Hi

I will run some team meetings with 50-100 external participants.
I would like the participants to remain anonymous to each other in the meeting.
But I would like to be able to see who joined the meeting, afterwards.

How can I set this up?

Thanks, Thomas

6 Replies
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
Hi

Not available today in a regular teams meeting. There is a uservoice that was opened a few days ago for just this

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39695143-make-it-possible-for-...

So I would vote to push it up the agenda. It would be great to have the option to completely anonymise the attendees - names, initials on the graphic, etc because some meetings can be sensitive but also it may involve scenarios like double blind testing. I imagine this wouldn't be easy to implement because many meetings are setup in Outlook and so you can see attendees there. You would also need to consider the level of anonymity for example, the uservoice asks to hide the name, whereas total anonymity would be a spoke and hub approach where the meeting appears like a 1 to 1 but in fact, it has all the attendees they are simply unaware of each other and cannot see each other at all within Teams. It would take some thinking about and time to implement

Some may say you may be able to achieve this in Live meetings, however live meetings are one to many events and not so interactive. Whilst Q&A can be turned off the Live Event again shows in Outlook and the attendee list. I think you can also see the attendee list after joining it

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard Please let us know when it is available.

@Christopher Hoard The issue here is that we want to have a web page signup that puts an attendee on the event timeslot as an attendee and they then GET A CALENDAR INVITE that appear on their calendar - not an email that goes missing or requires an attendee step to place on the calendar. 

Without a calendar invite, people DO NOT SHOW UP wasting time and opportunity. 

A simple hide multiple group attendees, but allowing the meeting creator to see attendees and email them as a bcc like hidden group. 

NOBODY HAS THIS THAT I CAN FIND!!!!!

NOT EVEN ZAPIER as a ZAP.  

The issue here is that we want to have a web page signup that puts an attendee on the event timeslot as an attendee and they then GET A CALENDAR INVITE that appear on their calendar - not an email that goes missing or requires an attendee step to place on the calendar. 

Without a calendar invite, people DO NOT SHOW UP wasting time and opportunity. 

A simple hide multiple group attendees, but allowing the meeting creator to see attendees and email them as a bcc like hidden group. 

NOBODY HAS THIS THAT I CAN FIND!!!!!

NOT EVEN ZAPIER as a ZAP.  

@Packetman007 

Hide attendees list is available when you create a Teams meeting via Outlook online. It is not available when using the Outlook client.

Hi @jwenn575

Correct, hide attendees functionality is in OWA. However, having tested this cross tenant, unfortunately hide attendees doesn't completely anonymise users within the actual Teams meeting which was the ask

Best, Chris
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
Hi

Not available today in a regular teams meeting. There is a uservoice that was opened a few days ago for just this

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39695143-make-it-possible-for-...

So I would vote to push it up the agenda. It would be great to have the option to completely anonymise the attendees - names, initials on the graphic, etc because some meetings can be sensitive but also it may involve scenarios like double blind testing. I imagine this wouldn't be easy to implement because many meetings are setup in Outlook and so you can see attendees there. You would also need to consider the level of anonymity for example, the uservoice asks to hide the name, whereas total anonymity would be a spoke and hub approach where the meeting appears like a 1 to 1 but in fact, it has all the attendees they are simply unaware of each other and cannot see each other at all within Teams. It would take some thinking about and time to implement

Some may say you may be able to achieve this in Live meetings, however live meetings are one to many events and not so interactive. Whilst Q&A can be turned off the Live Event again shows in Outlook and the attendee list. I think you can also see the attendee list after joining it

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post