SOLVED

How to lock meeting for new attendees (even for the lobby)?

Copper Contributor

We use meetings also for the exams in our school.
Students are kept in the lobby and individually brought up to the meeting. Then next one etc.

Is it possible to lock the meeting so noone can join it, for example after 10 minutes after it was started? So only students who are already in the lobby will stay there, but noone new may enter.

Too bad, there is not displayed time of entry in the lobby for individual students.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Tom733 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Don't think there is anyway to solve that kind of issue today. I would have an look on breakout rooms, might be an easier way of handling it
Yeah, no such setting or policy I’m afraid. If I’m not mistaken I think the lobby timeout limit is 15 minutes from entering before being dropped, if not admitted obviously. Are you saying you’re having students there waiting even longer? I second the previous reply with breakout rooms.
You are right, I wasn't aware of limit for staying in the lobby :( So they are kicked out after 15 minutes of waiting and they have to re-enter later anyway. No one complained so far :)

I'll have to figure out how to use breakout rooms for this - to split meeting into waiting-room and the classroom.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tom733 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Don't think there is anyway to solve that kind of issue today. I would have an look on breakout rooms, might be an easier way of handling it

View solution in original post