SOLVED

How to join Teams Developer Preview on desktop?

MVP

I've read the official article and apparently the admin of the organization should let individuals to have that option in their about section

Developer Preview - Teams | Microsoft Docs

hdfgfd.jpg

and in Teams free, I made an organization but can't find anywhere to enable developer preview, not even public preview or beta.

Spoiler
I also have Microsoft 365 education sub (I'm not the admin), and can't have developer preview or public preview in that either since it's not enabled by my administrator.

I think this needs to change, at least for Free accounts. it's somehow understandable that for business accounts, letting each individual enroll in developer preview can be problematic but for free accounts, each user needs to have ability to set this on their own.

7 Replies

Hi, Microsoft staff rarely read the conversations here I’m afraid. Try submitting via UserVoice or directly from within the app (perhaps better) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/give-feedback-in-teams-c0fb6297-22af-4db5-b19b-69e0a67209...

Btw, Teams free has no Teams admin center portal, but maybe you already know that.

best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

@ChristianBergstrom 

Spoiler

@ChristianBergstrom wrote:

Hi, Microsoft staff rarely read the conversations here I’m afraid. Try submitting via UserVoice or directly from within the app (perhaps better) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/give-feedback-in-teams-c0fb6297-22af-4db5-b19b-69e0a67209...

Btw, Teams free has no Teams admin center portal, but maybe you already know that.

Hi, I see Microsoft employees are active in Teams community though,

but anyway, I posted in there and here is the link for anyone that wishes to upvote it.

I want to be able to use Developer preview on Teams free. – Microsoft Teams UserVoice

Great! Yeah, we got Therese Solimeno doing a great job in the Teams community. Too bad we don’t see the same activity in the other forums though. Thanks for the update :thumbs_up:
Yes, one problem is that there are lots of good suggestions, I've made a couple of them myself and seen others in UserVoice, these suggestions are very obvious that they will be useful for the Teams, but they don't have lots of upvotes, in most cases no upvote from others, due to various reasons, like people don't actually search for it, or are not active in that site etc.
I hear you. And just a clarification. What I meant is that Therese often is on her own in there. The PM’s should also have some community time occasionally.

@ChristianBergstrom @HotCakeX 

This forum is primarily for users, and experts like Christian and the MVPs do an excellent job addressing most of the posts (the PMs are busy focused on getting out the updates for the product).  But on occasion when I see a post that has dozens of responses but no clear answer, I will bring it to their attention for clarification.

Great answer and good to know! You’re doing an amazing job as well!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

@ChristianBergstrom 

Spoiler

@ChristianBergstrom wrote:

Hi, I see Microsoft employees are active in Teams community though,

but anyway, I posted in there and here is the link for anyone that wishes to upvote it.

I want to be able to use Developer preview on Teams free. – Microsoft Teams UserVoice

View solution in original post