How to invite people to present within an existing Teams invitation?

Copper Contributor

Hi

I need to invite people to present within a Teams meeting eg 12.00pm-2.00pm but only presenting from 12.30pm-1.00pm, but I keep getting an error message.

'This invite cannot be sent because Teams meeting details in the body are different from this meeting. Would you like us to fix the meeting invite?'

Help please.

4 Replies
Have you tried using the share option from within the meeting, i.e. under "Participants - Share invite" or by going under ... (More actions) and select the "Meeting info" and copy the join link?

@ChristianJBergstrom that would share the original invite. The OP wants to invite a presenter to a specific timeslot _within_ the span of the original meeting - hence a new calendar item.

I'm trying to do the same thing and am similarly blocked by the same 'helpful' rule.

You can use the procedure during the meeting and when it's time for that person to join. But as a workaround, simply copy the teams meeting link and paste and send it using a normal meeting in Outlook with the preferred "join time" to that specific person. You can promote this person to a Presenter when joining.

@rggphotos1 

We ran into this as well, and were able to work around it.  If you click 'do not host online' within the sub-calendar entries (the main meeting with attendees A, B, C 9-12) and then you are inviting E,F,G to join for 10-11am, you just click 'don't host online' and then paste in the teams information/links.  That tells outlook not to try to manage the teams settings.