How to interact with bot from incoming webhook

Copper Contributor

I currently have a Slack App/Bot that does the following.
My Application detects an issue and sends an incoming webhook to a Slack channel with a couple of buttons for them to decide how to handle the issue.
When they press a button the bot processes the action they selected.

And then replaces the original message with the results returned by the Application.

This is helpful so they don't try to resolve the same issue again.

Some of my customers use Teams, so I am trying to convert the Slack App/Bot to Teams so I can support both platforms.

I was able to create an incoming webhook in teams with the same details and buttons in Teams.
But, I am having trouble getting the Teams Bot to process the Action of the Buttons in the incomong webhook message.
And I think I know why now.
I was trying to use "Action.Submit", which according to the following link is not supported by incoming webhooks.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/task-modules-and-cards/what-are-cards

It states the following for Adaptive cards and incoming webhooks.
All native adaptive card schema elements, except Action.Submit, are fully supported.

Looking for input/recommendations on how to accomplish the same Slack flow I described above in Teams.

Thanks

1 Reply

I have the exact same query as the original poster.

I'm having trouble locating how the bot can interact with messages posted to the Teams channel.