SOLVED

How to find call start and end time for a meeting?

Copper Contributor

I would like to find out what time I called into a meeting and what time I hung up.  I am basically looking for something like Calls -> History, but meeting calls don't show up here.  How can I find this information?

24 Replies

@gtzpower You should be able to see this in the meeting chat.

Linus Cansby_0-1581350242496.png

You could also, as an administrator, check in Teams Admin Center.

@Linus Cansby  How do I find this?  It shows up right as a meeting ends, but after that, I cannot find a way back to it.  If I click the "Chat" tab on the left, I only see chats with individual users, or groups of users.  I do not see anything for meetings listed there.

I am not an admin.

EDIT: it turns out that I DO see some meetings there, but only if there was activity in the chat.  If nobody sent anything through the chat, it disappears after the meeting is over and I leave the chat.

best response confirmed by gtzpower (Copper Contributor)
Solution

If you go to your meeting in the calendar (in Teams) you should see "Chat with participants".

Linus Cansby_0-1581358408322.png

@Linus CansbyThat is it!  Thanks!!

@Linus Cansby  What if a meeting is not pre-scheduled then how would you check the start and end of a meeting?

If you just do a "Meet now" meeting it is harder if there is no chat history, since then there is no history saved about this meeting in the client. Then it is the Teams Admin Center you have to check.
Does the meeting duration and time of day the meeting ended only show or pop up in the chat once "all" attendees have exited/ended the meeting? And it won't send if one person has not left, hypothetically.

It seems as though this is the case and is different than how SFB worked.
Thank you for this. In my case, my calendar and Teams are signed into separate accounts for reasons I won't get into. I found that if I re-opened the meeting from the calendar entry in Outlook and opened the chat, I was able to see the times.

@gtzpower 

I am seeing the start time of my meeting, but not the end time. Not sure why this should be so difficult. Why isn't there simply a history click through for meetings like there is for chat?

@here is a meeting going on right now, or at least TEAMS thinks there is, but I know I left the meeting, so when the meeting ends it will show the meeting end time, not the time I left the meeting.

Thanks! I'm in the same boat and this worked well. A bit clunky to have to re-start the meeting, but I was able to get the information so that's what counts.

@gtzpower 

I know this is old but wanted to update it as it was the first thing that popped up on my google search. I went digging into Teams and found a CALLS section which shows the length and who called who.

@Linus Cansby... Yeeeesssssssss!!! TY!

@jfranz 

I'm also late, but I think some other are having the same question.

Thanks, that helps really with calls, but there is still an open issue with meetings.

My experience: If a meeting is scheduled by myself with an external partner, I can find something like "attendance" as an excel sheet in the meeting info.

In my opinion this is uncomfortable to find and not always available. If someone has a good idea how to get those information (when do I join and when leave a meeting).

@TomKlein
Sorry Tom I haven't seen anything that is convenient to get. I think there might be something in the audit logs but that would be a major pain to have to pull out. The closest thing I have is in CHATS it shows the meetings I was in by date but it also shows chats. The best you could to was see when the meeting was then go into the meeting and pull the attendance. Definitely not as easy or clean as seeing your call log.

@jfranz 

Hi jfranz, thanks, via CHATS -> meetings it is possible to see start- and end time. It is far away from perfect, but it will help.

Microsoft strikes out regarding usability -- again.    Teams provides as history service for calls; make sense to do the same for meetings.  But no, they hide the length of the meeting in the chat -- it has nothing to do with chat.    At least there are knowledgeable and generous souls to help users overcome -- thank you. 

@KBNJ99 I'm not sure where all these folks are seeing this in the chat - but the chat only says '(person) was invited to the meeting.' with no timestamp, any Chat items with timestamps, and 'Meeting ended' with a timestamp. It does NOT show anyone joining or leaving the meeting. So either they changed this since the previous months, or this feature is not the same on various 365 tenants, or for external users.

@fbsPaulI see it in the chat log even with external participants.  It will show "Wednesday 10:48 AM Meeting ended: 18m 3s", but this only shows after everyone leaves the meeting, and the duration is from when the first person joins the meeting.  So it is still useless if my goal is to find out when I entered and exited the meeting (which is my goal, to know how long to bill a customer).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by gtzpower (Copper Contributor)
Solution

If you go to your meeting in the calendar (in Teams) you should see "Chat with participants".

Linus Cansby_0-1581358408322.png

View solution in original post