How to disable the video portion of the presenter?

Copper Contributor

Is there a way for individual participants to disable the video portion only (not the audio or share my screen stuff) of the presenters feed?  In a work remote world as we are now in its important for those working remotely to have tighter control over the bandwidth TEAMS uses and for those with low bandwidth connections the video portion of the presenters feed is just a waste of bandwidth.

3 Replies

Hi @edcarden This is something that was to be released in August 2021 and is showing as "rolling out" on the roadmap: Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

Thanks but according to that Road map "Disable/Enable a Single Attendee's Video" was released in May 2021 but I can't find where in TEAMS you do this and I've not had any luck googling on how to do it. Have you been able to do this?
FYI I did find this https://myteamsday.com/2021/05/21/disable-attendee-video/ and it does detail how to disable an attendees video but it looks like its for Presenters only feature meaning an attendee can't disable someone else video feed. Reading the rest of the 4 items on that RoadMap they are probably the same meaning only the Presenter can enable/disable and that's a problem. Thanks though