How to create an app button below files tab on the left bar?

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am leading several teams, and I am on the process of creating one stopshop for all of each team's activities, one important component is "Tasks".

What I need now is to add the "Tasks" tab below the "Files" tab on the left side of the Teams interface (I don't yet know the name of this bar, please let me know if you do to enhance my search), what is happening now is that I am getting "Tasks" as a "Bot", but what I really need is to get the "Tasks" tab to enable mewhen clicking on it to view that various teams that tasks are assigned to and quickly navigate the team I need, like when you click on "Teams" tab on the left and all the teams shows up.

Your prompt feedback and assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

2 Replies

I have found the following article mentioning how it should be done, but is it the only way to do so? do I have to change the setting for the whole organization ? really ?

If you can wait a little bit, Tasks for Teams is coming which does all this for you already. See this article from Ignite: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/planner-blog/announcing-tasks-in-teams-a-coherent-task-manage...

You can arrange the task icons using app policies.