SOLVED

How to control Teams channel notifications using powershell?

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

I want to disable the notifications from one team, without leaving the team. From the Teams app, it appears the only way to do this is to click the "..." on each channel in that team to disable the notifications. If that team has many channels (for example, 20 or more), this becomes tedious. Moreover, if any new channels are created afterwards, one has to find them and repeat the process.

There doesn't appear to be any way to change the notifications settings for the entire team, or even to select multiple channels. It is not clear why this is missing from the interface. Nonetheless, I thought I could "approximately" achieve it by running a powershell command "in a loop" over all the existing channels of a team.

However, from the documentation, the cmdlets available seem to only enable configuring a team, not the user's settings with respect to that team. I looked around for other documents that address this requirement, but couldn't find anything of help. Can you advise me on how I can achieve this?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by dragondive (Copper Contributor)
Solution
No PowerShell cmdlets for this, no Graph API either, only possible via the client.
That's sad to hear. Microsoft should focus on making their products more user friendly. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query. Have a nice day!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dragondive (Copper Contributor)
Solution
No PowerShell cmdlets for this, no Graph API either, only possible via the client.

View solution in original post