How to clear chat history once the meeting is over?

Copper Contributor

We have meeting rooms with a computer where Teams is running. Anyone can invite that room to the meeting so that they can use Teams meeting account. It turns out, once your meeting is over, other people who will be using the computer, can see all the chat history. I could not find delete option for the meeting chat. Is this by design? Can the chat history be deleted?

3 Replies
Hi! There will be a “delete thread” option hopefully soon but as of now there’s not a good solution if afaik you aren’t using a real room system with a resource account? Retention can be set but that won’t be instant

Adam

@adam deltinger 

Hi Adam, can I ask. I'm trying to achieve the exact same thing. I have a resource account for a room, a laptop setup to be used in a conference room which uses that account. I want all chats in Teams to be automatically deleted, because otherwise anyone coming in afterwards can see them. They would need to be deleted for this one user only. Can I achieve this on a resource account? It would be super helpful if you could point me in the right direction for how to do this. Thanks!

@Ana_B2110 The only right direction is to use a Teams Meeting Room device and license it with a Teams Room license, then this won't be a problem.

If you are using any other type of M365 license you are breaking the license terms by allowing it to be shared between users.  You won't find a solution from Microsoft to allow you to use a standard license like this.