How to auto track people who have Left the team?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

This seems a super simple request but I cannot find documentation or anyone who has completed this

How can I track (apart from trawling the conversation tab) who has chosen to remove themselves from the Team via Teams

I manage a public group that has a teams channel but access and other resources become open to them, that I have been able to automate.  - BUT when they choose to 'Leave the team' via Teams I need to be notified so I can start a process to remove and retrieve the resources.

Thanks in advance. 

3 Replies
Hi Melanie,

AFAIK not currently, there is a uservoice for it here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/31589791-notifications-when-a-...

So I would vote to push it up the agenda. If you vote you will be notified if it gets picked up.

There may be a possible workaround for it if you looked into the audit log or Flow or Graph. However, it’s one of those functionalities where it would be ideal natively in the Teams settings.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris
Thanks Chris - It has not received many votes since 2017. I have been looking at Flow but it needs to get access to the logs - I will look into this further

@MelanieSeed  nice idea. Surprised to see so few votes in the user voice... but added one more from my side.

I know if similar requirements for  compliance reasons - as you need to keep track who was in a team at each point in the time (to know for example if a breach is detected who was a member in the team at that point). Having this will allow to automate a message when a member is removed,