How to add calendar and schedule meetings in Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I am new to being an admin for Microsoft Teams. I just set up a not for profit account and am trying to set-up Microsoft Teams for our Board of Directors. I am so frustrated with how not user friendly Microsoft is, google is soooo easy compared to this.

I haven't added my users yet because I want to ensure this is working first (so I am the first user). I tried to add the Calendar App so that I can schedule meetings. I searched it, added it and it shows on the top, I can click on the "association calendar" under our team but everytime I click on it it says "Getting Things situated, check back in a bit" .. is this normal? What am I missing?

Thanks!!!

5 Replies
Can you provide a screenshot? I guess you are talking about the new channel calendar app that was just released! Do you have the calendar app in your left rail menu?

Adam

@adam deltinger here is a screenshot. 

I don't see the calendar on the side, but along the top when I click on the calendar this is what it says.

@adam deltinger 

I now see the calendar on the left, but if I click it on the top (AMBA Calendar) it still shows that error.

Now when I try to schedule a meet it is telling me "Mailbox not found" ... 

WE have email hosted through google, g suites we do not want to move our email to outlook.

Yes, this was what I suspected. @ChristianBergstrom is right here. You need an exchange license in order to get the calendar