How Microsoft Loop can be used in Microsoft Teams at present?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I was looking about the information on the Microsoft Loop and went through couple of Microsoft Articles describing what Microsoft Loop can do - However I could not find how can I integrate Microsoft Loop in the teams - is that possible? can you please guide around the same?

Thanks a lot for your time in advance!

3 Replies

@tom_s1865 - Loop in Teams is limited but works. To create a Loop start a 'chat' and select the Loop icon below the empty chat. This will expand out to show the Loop options (Bulleted List/Check List/Paragraph/Table etc.). Create your Loop and give it a name. At this point you dont need to send it anywhere (but add names to the chat to share it with others) because once named, if you go to office.com you'll see your Loop listed as a recent document/file. If you select it in Office365 it will open as a full editable page. Up to you to decide what 'use cases' you can apply.

Useful video here: How to use Microsoft Loop components early in Microsoft Teams - YouTube

@tom_s1865  

f you ever used "Live Components" in Teams chat before, please be aware that Microsoft rebranded this feature to "Loop components" now. it provide the same functionality just a new name and icon.
"Loop Components" is part of the bigger Loop app that Microsoft introduced in Ignite last year. Microsoft claim the new "Loop components" will have a file extension <.loop> and will be saved in OneDrive under the Teams file but if you create anything using this new feature now, you will notice the file extension is .fluid Not .loop as Microsoft claim, this is because the file still using the name of the framework the Loop app was built on and not the name of the app. Problem I noticed so far, the name of the file in OneDrive doesn't update when you update the friendly name of the component in Team, which makes it challenging to recover the file from OneDrive versioning history when needed. The file name in OneDrive always use the friendly name that was given to the component in Team initially and doesn't update, so if you created a table and named it "Table ABC" the Fluid file in OneDrive will be called "Table ABC.fluid" but if you renamed the table inside Teams to something else, the file name in OneDrive doesn't change accordingly, you have to open the file in the browser to see if its the one you're looking for or not. I imagine this can create confusion for users and admins, especially for admins who need to recover some of these files from OneDrive versioning history or when using e-Discovery.
check attached image, might need to downloads the file if image preview doesn't work (known issue).