How do I reset my domain in Microsoft teams we cannot get the password

Copper Contributor

I am trying to set up Microsoft teams for my organization. It looks like someone who no longer works for the company set us up in Microsoft teams. We do not have the username, password, nor access to the email it is showing us. We tried  "forgot password" or try "another method". The phone number that is displayed looks like on of our phone numbers but it does not ring when we say call us. It looks like we are going around in circles.

3 Replies
if they set you up then you should have the same access to set it up if you are an admin in your tenant. If you are trying to setup a new Teams instance on free Teams, then it's going to be with a personal account and not one you can control or really have any help with getting control of that account.

@Chris Webb 

I think whoever set it up. Set the entire company as members of the team using our company group email. We are not admin. When we login, we get a screen that says "Some has already set up teams for your organization. Ask your admin to set you up to get started". I don't have access to whoever is admin.

@leadstrat Sounds like you / your users do not have Teams licenses assigned to your accounts. Pretty sure that's the message that pops up when that is the case. You have to have an admin do this, if you do not have an Office 365 global admin account, your going to be in a whirl of hurt. Not sure this is something Microsoft can fix or not. I would contact Office 365 support but without a global admin account to assign licenses etc. you can't do much.