SOLVED

How do I find Teams created in last 7 days?

Iron Contributor

Hi, does anyone have a script they could share that answers this simple question - show me Microsoft Teams created in the last 7* days? I need one that I can run using my role of Teams admin and SharePoint admin. Thanks

*or 30

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

You can do something like this:

Get-Team | select GroupId | % { Get-UnifiedGroup $_.GroupId | select DisplayName,WhenCreated } | sort WhenCreated

You'll need the Teams module and the ExO cmdlets for the above example to work.

@Vasil Michev So no exchange privilege no reporting on Teams based O365 Groups? 

I have the exchange online module installed but no Get-UnifiedGroup command. 

Connect-MicrosoftTeams
Get-Team | select GroupId | % { Get-UnifiedGroup $_.GroupId | select DisplayName,WhenCreated } | sort WhenCreated

clipboard_image_0.png

The WhenCreated property is only available for the underlying group, not the Team object, so you need the Exchange permissions.

@Vasil Michev @Christopher Hoard - hi how to I remove the best answer and swap it for another? I found Leon's script did what I wanted - Teams created in last x days and doesn't require exchange role - https://www.leonarmston.com/2019/12/report-on-all-microsoft-teams-created-in-the-past-x-number-of-da...

Thanks, Darrel

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

You can do something like this:

You'll need the Teams module and the ExO cmdlets for the above example to work.

View solution in original post