How do I attach a Video Meeting to a specific channel?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I teach high school math in Denmark and due to COVID-19 the entire country's educational system just went virtual for 2 weeks as schools have closed down.

I would like to use Microsoft Teams with a number of channels - one Generel and one for each group - with each channel always having a voice/video meeting active. By that I mean that if a student enter a channel as the first one this opens a video meeting and anyone joining the channel afterwards are added to that meeting without a need for an invitation.
This would let me gather everyone at the start in the Generel channel for a briefing/lecture and then let the students scatter into groups with me being able to jump from group to jump to help.

I know I can do this in Discord (which has just now upped the limit from to 50 participants) but I am unsure if and how I might do this in Teams. I hope I can though :)

Sincerely, Jan Sorensen, Denmark.

1 Reply
Would meet now option work? Haven't tried dropping in and out between channels but the meeting keeps running in the channel for anyone in the Team to join. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Video-Create-instant-meetings-with-Meet-now-26e06837-853d-4...