SOLVED

How can I create a space for student to student feedback on a task

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone. I'm just beginning teaching at university and there are many things that I want to do with Teams that I simply don't know how best to do because I'm still new to Teams. What I really need suggestions on is the best way to get students to leave brief feedback on each other's work for a particular task I'm setting.

I have recorded a short lecture on a practical subject and given students a short writing task at the end. What I would like is for students to write their short report in Word, upload it to teams and then look at someone else's report and give them brief formative feedback on it. No grading is required. Class size is about 70 students. There is a pre-existing team with a pre-existing channel this will need to go in. This is just for a simple task so a simple solution would be great. I don't want to cause major disruption to this channel for the other staff! For example I rather not have staff in this team to be bombarded with notifications of students uploading work or making comments, if possible.

The first thing I thought is that this could be done in the posts section, but the problem is that replies to a comment do not get grouped with that comment as you would see in social media. This might make it quite confusing to follow. Really I would like each student's piece of work to be it's own mini-thread. I hope that makes sense. Photo of a doodle I did included in case my explanation is not clear. Also, it's possible lots of posts would result in lots of notifications, which is okay for me but not for other staff.

Any suggestions how to do this would be really welcome! Thank you! 

2 Replies

@mattellisdentist I'm not quite sure I understand. In a channel there are multiple conversation threads, so replies relate to each conversation.

What's the issue with the default behaviour?

best response confirmed by mattellisdentist (Copper Contributor)
Solution
As already mentioned, by uploading a file in the channels conversation area will start a new thread for that document with threaded conversations.
You can also just use comments in the document itself.
That way you won’t have the notification problem.
I’d also suggest doing this in a separate channel to simplify notifications and conversations
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mattellisdentist (Copper Contributor)
Solution
As already mentioned, by uploading a file in the channels conversation area will start a new thread for that document with threaded conversations.
You can also just use comments in the document itself.
That way you won’t have the notification problem.
I’d also suggest doing this in a separate channel to simplify notifications and conversations

View solution in original post