SOLVED

How can a channel history be available to everyone that joins later

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone, I am creating an open group teams channel to share best practices and exchange ideas. 

Would it be possible that everyone that joins later (e.g. new employees) have access to everything that was shared in the past within the channel?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution
This is available out of the box, conversations in Teams channels are persistent and every new member will be able to scroll back to the time the channel was created and access every existing conversation.

@Vasil Michev Hi there - is there any was to STOP new users from seeing historical information that falls under a Teams Channel e.g. General?

I too would love to know how to limit certain new members in a channel from seeing the entire history. Similar to when someone joins a conversation in Teams and you can chose how many days of history they see. I like that the default is the entire history but it would be good to have a way of controlling this when initially adding members or guests to the channel.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StaceeFrane (Microsoft)
Solution
This is available out of the box, conversations in Teams channels are persistent and every new member will be able to scroll back to the time the channel was created and access every existing conversation.

View solution in original post