How are you all using the General channel

Iron Contributor

Hello all, simply curious here.  When we started with teams, we started using the general channel for announcement, and things like that.  it's been fine, and I understand it is a flexible system, use it the way that fits your team. 

With a lot of the Microsoft templates having an announcements channel, I am just wondering if people would like to share the type of communications they reserve for the general channel, etc.  Are there any other channel like the "announcement" channel that you guys add to every team created?

Not sure if this is the right forum for general sharing of practices, but I thought I would throw it out there.

1 Reply
Hi Jeff - we use Teams a lot for projects & business development (Team per account, Channel per project, 1 private channel for bus dev), so the General channel gets reserved for info and announcements that are relevant to all projects and/or about the overall account. From all we've experienced and observed, the fewer channels, the better. Otherwise, we create way too many areas for folks to monitor. Hope that helps.