SOLVED

Hide tabs/apps for users?

Copper Contributor

We are using Teams both within the company and with partners. Is it possible to hide tabs and/or apps for certain users? Please give me guidance how to do. Thanks!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi!
Tabs and apps are shown for all users of the Teams, so no! Depending on apps and so on I guess you can disallow certain services and so on for particular users but that would not hide the tab and result in a broken experience for the users!
What you can do is use private channels in Teams and add tabs in those and invite certain users there! Although keep in mind that private channels do not support all tabs and apps

Adam

@adam deltingerThanks for great info.

Regarding private channels, do you know if they support my own custom canvas apps?

Thanks!

We're facing the same issue. Except ours are personal tabs. So adding them to a private channel is not an option. Seems like a fair feature request. It's strange that Microsoft would miss this. There should be a way to show or hide tabs for certain tenants and users based on permissions.
Are there any news on this please?
I am interested in how to hide a custom app from certain Teams users. The current experience is not the greatest - the tabs are shown and when a non-authorized users tries to open it it shows blank content.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi!
Tabs and apps are shown for all users of the Teams, so no! Depending on apps and so on I guess you can disallow certain services and so on for particular users but that would not hide the tab and result in a broken experience for the users!
What you can do is use private channels in Teams and add tabs in those and invite certain users there! Although keep in mind that private channels do not support all tabs and apps

Adam

View solution in original post