Hide Attendees List in Teams Webinar

Copper Contributor

Hello community, 

We are having a webinar this week and realize that within the webinar screen, everyone is able to see the list of people who are attending the event. 

Is this a feature available at this time?

41 Replies

@aldoiscgroup I'm adding my support to this feature request. We have to use a 3rd party webinar software as its imperative we do not expose those members who are on our webinars. The Product Owners on this team have got their focus seriously wrong. 

Sharing this for visibility - looks like this will be coming as a Premium feature later in the year

HelloBenTeoh_0-1684295921654.png

Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

Seriously - a PREMIUM feature? This is a basic option for every other product out there since the days of early WebEx. The reason we continue to use Zoom and other products is because Teams alone doesn't have basic features like this, that every other product out there does have. Why in the hell would this be a Premium feature. We are a Microsoft partner as well, and even we don't get Premium as part of our partnership - so that makes it even worse.

No problem, moving to other products.

You can use power automate - as someone registers for the live event via MS Form, you can have an email sent to them with an .ics file with the meeting invite attached. This is what I have to do until webinars hides attendees.

The real downside to live event is a lot of my webinars are discussions but LE only allows 1 person on camera at a time so switching between people speaking during the conversation is clunky.

Webinar would be perfect if attendees can be hidden. This has been an ongoing ask for some time now.

Hi @SandieKnight 

You can use Dynamics 365 marketing for managing the invite and signup process, for both team live events, team webinar and teams meetings.

Best regards

Arthur

@ArthurNew true! But for those companies that don’t have Marketing the power automate solution  is a nice option. 

Also, @ArthurNew and @SandieKnight while both your options might work for live events, they still do not address the inability to hide participants in teams webinars, which as you rightly mentioned has been an ask for coming up to a year and seems like a very basic feature.

Being advised that it is being released as a Premium feature without any indication of being included in the standard teams package also makes the mind boggle.
I agree 100%. I would much rather use Webinar with hidden attendees as most of my webinars are interviews and panel discussions - the restriction to Live Event of only being able to have 1 person on screen at a time is extremely “clunky” - having to go back and forth between speakers - extremely difficult when it’s conversational.

So although Live Event hides the attendees the attendee experience is not ideal to say the least.

Webinars with hidden attendees is the answer but when is it actually coming and making this a premium offering is beyond ridiculous.

This is the reason why many partners are forced to use competing non-Microsoft products to Teams for webinars. That alone one would think would be motivation for MS to get the fix released AND included in standard Teams.

I read something in UserVoice that said it’s coming in July 2023. But I’ve heard it’s coming for over a year now. Yet here we are.

So for me, not being able to hide attendees using Webinar and not being able to have multiple speakers on screen at the same time with Live Event makes both products inadequate for my needs (oh and the suggestion of having one speaker share their screen showing multiple speakers on one screen is NOT the answer. It takes control away from the Producer.

Sorry. I’ve pulled in many other issues than the one at hand regarding hidden attendees. But I find these - what should be simple asks - not being available and/or considered Premium beyond comprehension.

@Vasil Michev 9 months later, do we have that feature or can we expect to see it soon?

@HelloBenTeoh this has been pushed back again, I rushed to purchase a few licences in anticipation of the July rollout to test and they moved it.Screenshot 2023-07-31 105131.jpg

@lionheart85 wrote:

@HelloBenTeoh this has been pushed back again, I rushed to purchase a few licences in anticipation of the July rollout to test and they moved it.Screenshot 2023-07-31 105131.jpg

That’s unfortunate! I was looking forward to getting this too. Seems we’ll need to wait a bit longer.

How can this honestly not be a standard feature of a webinar... I've done 4hrs+ of research to get to the point where almost everything is covered in Teams Webinar, but this one thing has caused me to look elsewhere.

Pushed back again to November 2023....frustrating. This really needs nailing as it's a showstopper for us when it comes to external Webinars

@Albie Mills looks like the new Town Hall may have this capability.  But I’m trying to find out additional info on it. It seems to be more geared towards Internal Meetings. It’s replacing Live Event. I don’t think it has the invite capabilities tho. I need to dive deeper 

I am really shocked* that the option to hide attendees is not available in Teams Premium (webinar) - shocking ! what's the point from the webinar ?

Hello, Good Morning!

@aldoiscgroup 

Do you know if this function is already available? 

Thanks,

Ana

Not really because as a b2b webinar provider I need to know who is attending for my follow up. I dont believe Live Events allow that, its all anonymous. Correct me if Im wrong.

Hi,

Does anybody know if this feature is already available? I still can't hide the attendees list on Teams Webinar.

Thank you!

Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365 - it seems it is not available yet, still rolling out.