Hide Attendees List in Teams Webinar

Copper Contributor

Hello community, 

We are having a webinar this week and realize that within the webinar screen, everyone is able to see the list of people who are attending the event. 

Is this a feature available at this time?

41 Replies
It's not currently possible, but the feature is on the Roadmap and should be coming in the next few months.

@aldoiscgroup You should create the meeting as a Live Event versus a Teams Meeting.  Then yes, presenters and producers are shown.   It becomes more a webinar that way, but then audio and video of attendees is not an option as well.  

@Jeff-K . While Live Event solves hiding participants, it doesn't allow you to sent out invitations/control registrations.

@Vasil Michev 

I’m still waiting for this feature. Showing other participants to each other in a webinar is simply not an acceptable. What is the timeline to roll it out. I am paying for an additional Zoom Webinar license just because this feature is not available in Teams yet. 

I completely agree - this is such a small change in the grand scheme of things yet we're still waiting. There shouldn't be something so basic that is missing or has us using different products because our base product isn't capable of doing it. That's crazy.

If I have a webinar, where I want audio or video, I should be albe to control if other recipients are shown or not. Even the chat, doesn't cover simple features that WebEx has had for two decades. I should be able to offer chat to only presenters\hosts but not to each other. The foundation items should not take months and months to get to Teams. Meanwhile, you're adding and consuming development time on useless features or rarely used features.
Hello, is the feature now available?
I hope so!
Thank you.
It's awful that Microsoft didn't think about it. How is it possible?

@Vasil Michev Hi, it's been a while. Is this feature available now? My organization is a Microsoft Partner, and we'd like to use Microsoft products for everything, including webinars. We're still struggling whether or not to use Webinars or Live Event, because both have features that we need but that the other doesn't. 

For some context:

Live Event - hides participants and allows public events but does not have the option for people without Microsoft accounts to add their names to the meeting. Therefore, we cannot track actual attendees. This would be solved by asking anonymous guest attendees to fill out a name and email address upon admission.

Webinar - solves the issue of no anonymous attendees within the meeting. However, even with the chat disabled, participants cannot be hidden. THIS IS SUCH A SIMPLE FEATURE! Everything else would be perfect with the Webinar option if we could hide participant names. You said this would be coming soon - WHERE IS IT????

No wonder why people prefer Apple.

So, is there any update on this feature? It's still not available in Teams to this day. When exactly can we expect this feature? I am sure no company will use the webinar feature with any potential clients while it is not able to hide attendees.
I'm also looking for this capability. Is this available for release soon?

UPDATE!! @IUH3rdeyes  We found out that purchasing a Teams premium membership remedies this issue. However, you need to qualify for this license. So, it's not inclusive to smaller businesses. The creative remedy is using Teams Live Events and MS Forms for registration and attendance.

@saracourte How did getting the Teams premium membership remedy the issue? Also, just to add another voice to the "Why isn't this feature already there? And if it is indeed on the roadmap, when will it be implemented?" I don't think my company will be interested in the creative remedy,...

Just to add my support for this too. 

Teams would be our go-to choice for webinars with this feature but it's broadly useless without it. This should not be limited to a specific tier or payment plan because it's such an essential webinar feature. 

@saracourte  How were you able to hide webinar participants from each other with Teams Premium? I was just given access to it this morning and have not been able to find that ability. Thanks.

It's incredible that as a MS Partner i need to use other webinar platforms. I have no words...
Okay, so upon trial and error with the premium version, you can hide participants in the sense that the presenter controls what everyone sees. However, the participants still have the option to go into the "people" tab and see the list of all attendees. So it was false advertising on Microsoft's part.
Now that we have it, I wasn't. It was totally false advertising. The organizer controls the participants' view, but the attendees still have free will to click "people" and see who's in the meeting with them. I think the live events make more sense.

@saracourteThe problem with live events is you can't ask people to register, at least not that I could find. So neither solution is great.

Exactly!! Which is ridiculous. The only way to get around it is using customer voice (but it's obviously not integrated).