SOLVED

Help accessing Microsoft teams (free)

Copper Contributor

Hi there, I come to you off the back of some live chat help that has so far not resolved my issue.

The issue I am having is, I set up a account for teams with my work email which I was prompted to create an organisation, not sure if this is normal teams format but I didn't want to but couldn't proceed without doing so.

Therefore I removed my account from the org, closed the tenant on the Azure portal and now when I come to log in I cannot do so and get prompted with "someone has already set up an organisation". When i try and sign in on the web I get the prompt that the username may be incorrect (which i know it isn't) I also get a prompt of that my email hasn't been added into my Org's directory (unsure how this can happen when i have deleted the tenant which has now surpassed almost 2 weeks).

Really appreciate any help in resolving this, I read a few forums on Powershell but to no avail (kind of went over my head)

So now I find myself not being able to arrange team meetings.

Just to recap;

Set up work email for teams and organisation

Removed team from organisation, requested the contoso/ onmicrosoft email

Went through the steps to delete the tenant/ org

Azure portal no longer recognises the contoso /onmicrosoft email

Cannot access teams via work email due to organisation already being set up

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

@TomMaz what outcome are you trying to get to? The free version of Teams needs to have an organisation, what did you hope deleting it would achieve?

@Steven Collier Thanks for the response.

I would like to have access to teams again, can I register my email and create a new organisation? I haven't seen this option in things that I have tried.

I am not the admin for the account and very unfamiliar with the app but i needed it for work meetings due to COVID.

@Steven Collier, worth mentioning that when I try to sign up again using my email it says that I haven't been added to the organisation

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@TomMaz Hello, this sure sounds like a mess and I can feel the frustration. I'm afraid that when deleting a Teams free org. you should be able to reuse your previous credentials as per the Teams free documentation. But I don't think I have ever heard of a person actually being able to do that, so if applicable you should create a new Teams free org. using a different email account/address.

Just to put it out there I'm going to attach a link to why you usually receive the "someone has.." https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-sign-in/someone-has-already-setup... It's obviously not something you can use now as the org. is deleted but there are a few "good to know" approaches such as linked accounts and the use of InPrivate/Incognito windows when experiencing issues with several credentials.

Teams free support pages

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/welcome-to-microsoft-teams-free-6d79a648-6913-4696-9237-e...

@ChristianBergstrom Thanks for the response. The issue has now resolved, I just set up a new outlook email and joined the organisation and re-invited my work email and assigned the same roles.

Appreciate your help!

Regards

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@TomMaz Hello, this sure sounds like a mess and I can feel the frustration. I'm afraid that when deleting a Teams free org. you should be able to reuse your previous credentials as per the Teams free documentation. But I don't think I have ever heard of a person actually being able to do that, so if applicable you should create a new Teams free org. using a different email account/address.

Just to put it out there I'm going to attach a link to why you usually receive the "someone has.." https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-sign-in/someone-has-already-setup... It's obviously not something you can use now as the org. is deleted but there are a few "good to know" approaches such as linked accounts and the use of InPrivate/Incognito windows when experiencing issues with several credentials.

Teams free support pages

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/welcome-to-microsoft-teams-free-6d79a648-6913-4696-9237-e...

View solution in original post