SOLVED

Having difficulty screen sharing after Mac OSX 10.15.2 update

Copper Contributor

I updated to Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.2 and it appears the security setting to allow screen capture in Microsoft Teams is not working anymore. I've updated it back and forth but I keep getting the error below:

clipboard_image_0.png

Here's my setting - I can use snagit fine:

clipboard_image_1.png

11 Replies
Full reinstall of Teams possibly?

@Chris Webb Thanks - unfortunately no luck with that. FYI - I have Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.34155. It was last updated on 12/10/19

Did this update just come out? (MacOS) I can reach out to some folks I know have Mac's and see if any of them have same version and working.

@Chris Webb Yes - it came out in the past few days. Thanks!

Seeing issue reproting in MVP Team about it, but that was I think last Catalina versoin, they said a restart of the Mac would fix it temporarily, but not sure if it was ever fixed. Going to Reach out to him and see if he's still having issues and if he's upgraded.

@Chris Webb Thanks - FYI - I've restarted multiple times, after uninstalling and installing.

Ok, Found out there is a bug around this. Trying to see if a fix is released for it or not. Or if this could be another similar issue. If I find something I'll let you know. in the meantime, might be a good idea to put in a ticket.

@Chris Webb Thanks so much - I guess now I have to figure out how to open a ticket. LOL - I've never found a replicable bug like this one before.

Admin center > Support > New Service Request.
best response confirmed by glenn888 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Ok. Confirmed bug and there is a fix to be deployed hopefully next week.

@glenn888 Found a posting on one of the other threads that suggested switching Teams from Full screen mode to windowed. This worked for me, give it a shot.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by glenn888 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Ok. Confirmed bug and there is a fix to be deployed hopefully next week.

View solution in original post