Hard deleted Teams still show in Teams App View

Copper Contributor

Hello!

We created Teams at the end of July using Microsoft SDS. We noticed that teacher shared classes created two copies of the Team in the Teams App view (the one the teacher sees) when one Team had been created in the Team App.

It was decided to have a script run to delete the Teams and start again. The Teams listed in the Teams Admin Center where deleted, the SharePoint site has been deleted, the Group has been deleted. However, the Teams are still listed in the Teams view and in Manage Teams for a teacher.

At first, I thought this was a problem with syncing and left the problem over the weekend. However, the problem persists. Browser history and cache has been deleted but this does not rectify the problem.

Any ideas please?

5 Replies

Hi @Carl67 ,

I have seen this before and since being burnt I go for the sequence of delete via the Teams client or failing that Teams Admin Centre, then delete the group from the deleted groups blade of Azure AD, then delete via SharePoint admin centre and finally delete the site from the deleted SharePoint sites list in the SharePoint admin centre.

I want to say just delete the incorrect one or ones from the client but I have known this to mess up both instances of a Team before. Sometimes you can work out the incorrect one as it will not render correct when clicking on it in the Client.

You may also want to double check that if say a second Team was created with the same name to that of a deleted Team, check if the SharePoint URL of the underlying site has appended a random digit to keep it unique.

I think part of my problems previously were because I was automating the creation. If something went wrong part way through I would delete and recreate in quick succession and I think it was the quick succession bit that did me over.

Thanks

Henry

Thank you Henry. It has transpired that the error is a Microsoft bug experienced by many schools this summer. Microsoft Teams Help have contacted me and they have been supplied with enough information to hopefully remove those ghost-like Teams from end-user Teams Viewer visible in their accounts. I appreciate the time you took to get in touch. Have a great day!
The error is a Microsoft bug experienced by many schools this summer. Microsoft Teams Help have contacted me and they have been supplied with enough information to hopefully remove those ghost-like Teams from end-user Teams Viewer visible in their accounts. I appreciate the time you took to get in touch.

Hello @Carl67   Have you reported this bug on our Uservoice feedback forum?