Handling email attachments

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm looking for ways to replace what's currently a shared-mailbox-based workflow with Teams. 

The problem is that the shared mailbox works essentially by receiving automated emails with files from a third party service. Shared mailbox usage is cumbersome and leads to problems, but I can't change the source.

What I was looking was for a way to be able to receive those same emails with attachments in teams, but have them do two things (alternative suggestions are acceptable):

1.-Have each email create a new "task" (also called ticket, envelope, etc.), that can be handled by one person so it doesn't show up as pending for others once it's picked up.

2.-Have the email attachments saved into individual folders (according to email subject) rather than be dumped in the "email attachments" folder, to ensure separation and handling.

Essentially, I want these emails to create separate threads to help segregate them from other, too similar emails. 

Bonus: If further emails with the same subject (or replies to it) are received, to be grouped with the original one.

0 Replies