Handling calls on main number

Copper Contributor

Prior to moving to Teams our main number used to simply ring on a number of desk phones for people who were responsible for answering.  The caller would only hear ringing until someone picked up or after an extended period of time fall into a dial by name attendant.

With our Teams implementation it seems we are forced to have an audio file or greeting and then go to hold music while the phones ring until someone picks up.

Is there any way to simply have the caller hear ringing vs. us have to provide a greeting or have them listen to the music which to me is worse than waiting with a ring as it suggests you have immediately been put on hold.

Hope this makes sense - thank you for any pointers/best practices/advice.

3 Replies

@Chris_MooreI am also about to implement our Main number so I will be interested if this is not possible, its a no brainer to be able to do this. 

@Chris_Moore 

I have been investigating this so we can port our main number over. 

This article seems to have some options that may do the trick. It seems that a number needs to be assigned to a person and that person is the one that sets up the Call Group and can setup simultaneous ring. 

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/call-forwarding-call-groups-and-simultaneous-ring-in-teams-...

Hi,

If you are using a Call Queue you don't need a greeting, but you need Music on hold. But you don't have to use the default one and the audio file you upload can be something else than music, like a sound file playing the ring tones. The tones that are played to the caller is called "ringback tones", so just upload a sound file with that.