SOLVED

Guests in channel are always invited

Copper Contributor

Hi guys,

I've got weird problem with guest users in our Teams. Lets say I have Team with 20 internal members and 5 external guests. When I use Schedule a meeting feature in channel and invite only internal members, all of external guests still receive invite to their mailbox. Even if I tried to schedule a meeting with no invites at all, guests receives invite to a meeting (internal users dont).

Have you ever encountered something like that? What should I do with it?

Thanks a lot for suggestions.

V.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VojtaV (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello, yes. That is actually the expected behavior for guests when using channel meetings. They are notified by default. Consider using a standard meeting if that's an issue.

By the way, as guest users are always added as Subscribers you could try and remove the Remove-UnifiedGroupLinks (ExchangePowerShell) | Microsoft Docs using the Links and LinkType parameter.

Hi Christian, thank you for clarification. Have a nice day!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VojtaV (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello, yes. That is actually the expected behavior for guests when using channel meetings. They are notified by default. Consider using a standard meeting if that's an issue.

By the way, as guest users are always added as Subscribers you could try and remove the Remove-UnifiedGroupLinks (ExchangePowerShell) | Microsoft Docs using the Links and LinkType parameter.

View solution in original post