Guest user loses access to meeting chat in Teams after meeting ends

Super Contributor

Hello Teams Community,

Please i need your help on this issue.

Our organization works with a vendor in India and Ukraine, and each of their employees is set up as a guest user in our Azure environment.

They show up as guest users in Teams, and can be chatted/called just fine. When these guest users are invited to a Teams meeting, they are able to join and chat normally, but as soon as the meeting ends, they lose access to the chat.

When testing this by adding my personal gmail account and being invited to a meeting, I did NOT lose access to the chat. I am wondering what is different between these 2 accounts, and if there is a setting I am missing that prevents them from chatting after a meeting.

Also, when testing on my personal account, I encountered the same issue when inviting my test account through Outlook, but it worked fine when sending the invite through Teams.

Testing with the vendor by sending the invite through Teams, it still produced the issue.

Here is the screenshot

Ini_0-1647964283088.png

2 Replies
I think the chat stays persistent for presenters, invitees and non-guest accounts. In the meeting options, you can enable, disable chat as well as set it to be available in meeting only.
Thank you for your reply

Kiran (Guest) was added in the highlighted field when we created the test meeting. After the meeting started, messages were sent, and the meeting ends, Kiran (Guest) was kicked out of the chat.

My personal email (Guest) account was added in the highlighted field when we created the second test meeting. After the meeting started, messages were sent, and the meeting ends, I still have access to the chats. The process was the exact same for each of us.