SOLVED

guest log-in failure "Looks like you clicked a link from an organization that you're not part of"

Copper Contributor

I add and invited someone out of our organization to my 'team' in MS TEAMS.

But he is keep failing log-in by his tablet device. 

MS Teams kekep shows "Looks like you clicked a link from an organization that you're not part of".

Please help me. I need to organize on-line training by TEAMS.

5 Replies

@john_baek I came across to the same issue today. A client has invited a new guest who has an email of "name@outlook.com".

Invited guest has signed up for a free subscription of MS Teams and accepted the invite.  He can access the company Team via web browser or MS Teams Windows client.

On Android it gives the same error as you mentioned.

I am not sure whether this is the feature or a bug. It definitely works with payed Teams subscription just fine.

Have not found a solution yet.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@gwynbleide Thanks for information. I think it's happening in Android. I told him to make new Microsoft Account and I invited him again. And then it worked.  

@john_baek Similar experience with Android App. I had to log out of Teams (on Android) via Settings. Then click on the invite link in e-mail, select open in Teams App for Android. The Teams App then opened and prompted for login, login as my usual login and the connection worked, and I could then see all my connected Teams accounts, own domain, and guest domains.

Hope this helps someone.

Tried it as a solution for precisely the same problem and it didn't work sadly.

@john_baek

It seems, accpeting "the guest ID" takes some times by MS Teams. 

I tried as follow sequence when I face problem inviting the guest according to the suggestion in this forum. 

"Please try log-in 15 minutes after recieving the inivitation email"

"Please try accepting invitaton by email and try log-in again." 

"If above don't work , please make a new Microsoft Account and let me know, I will invite you again." 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@gwynbleide Thanks for information. I think it's happening in Android. I told him to make new Microsoft Account and I invited him again. And then it worked.  

View solution in original post