SOLVED

Guest has no option to change Tenant

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Issue:

I've added a guest user into a Team on our tenancy, but they don't get the option to switch to our tenancy.
I've been unable to replicate this on other accounts.

Opening Teams on the web doesn't give the option to change, but if we use the link to the team it lets him in on the webapp (Desktop client still doesn't work).

Strangely, however, if we change tenancy from ours to his, the option disappears, and we have to close the webpage and open up the link again.

Steps I've tried:
He originally had a different UPN - his IT team changed his UPN once I noticed it was incorrect (company specific SSO rules). It didn't work with the old UPN.

So removed him from AAD (and perm deleted) reinvited his new email address, still doesn't work.

Cleared his Teams cache, updates his Teams, uninstalled Teams, installed Teams.

Put his old UPN as the main contact with his new UPN as an alternative address in AAD - didn't work, even  the link straight to the Team stopped working. This is when he's accepted the invitation as well.

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

2 Replies

@TWhit1615 Considering the steps you've already tried I think you should open up a ticket with the official Microsoft support. From my experience the removal and complete deletion (from the AAD bin) usually fix these kind of "guest issues". The only thing I would suggest (as you didn't mention it) is to see what happens using an InPrivate/incognito browser window, but I doubt that's the solution.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Only thing I can think to try, have him send you a chat(assuming he has it enabled) externally to your address. Then see what is coming back from Teams service for the sip address and possibly try inviting that address as a guest (make sure you hard / perma delete the guest account before doing it). Other than that, it's probably going to be something related to miss match there with the UPN's / sip etc. and might need a ticket for that, but maybe something will show up by trying the above.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Only thing I can think to try, have him send you a chat(assuming he has it enabled) externally to your address. Then see what is coming back from Teams service for the sip address and possibly try inviting that address as a guest (make sure you hard / perma delete the guest account before doing it). Other than that, it's probably going to be something related to miss match there with the UPN's / sip etc. and might need a ticket for that, but maybe something will show up by trying the above.

View solution in original post