Group members listed in admin center, but not in client. Add-UnifiedGroupLinks delay/issue?

Copper Contributor

We have a workflow creating users, teams and adding members with the following cmdlets:

New-AzureADUser
New-Team
Add-UnifiedGroupLinks

These where selected both for stability and performance. What we see is that the Team and Members show correctly in the Azure Portal > Azure AD > Groups and in the Microsoft Teams admin center. The user is however not seeing the team listed.

In some cases where the user has had access, the user will see the team, but not recently added users (added with Add-UnifiedGroupLinks). Again, everything looks correct in the Microsoft Teams admin center.

We had issues with these kinds of delays in December 2019 aswell. One time lasting 5 days. This time it is lasting even longer. I have not yet gotten a reply from Microsoft on my ticket.

Any ideas? Is there a way to force Teams to re-evaluate membership? Update the Team? Force re-synchronization between Exchange Online and Teams?

2 Replies

I have exact the same question. Anyone knows how to solve this? When i change the role of the user in the Admin, or add the user here it works instantly.

EDIT!: I think i know what the issue is. If the Team/Group is not "touched" after it is been created, the users are not realy added. Like the library is only created the moment it is touched for the very first time. ( Popquiz: I stole this line from a 80's Popstar )

When i logged in as the owner and navigated to the channel i saw immidiatly the popups in my other browser windows where i was logged in as other (test) users. 

I was happy to soon. I did this again and it did not work. So still working on this.

Any update on this issue. I'm experiencing the same. For some teams I could force by manually adding the users via teams admin. Fot other Teams nothing seems to work.

@Per-Erik Broz