SOLVED

Group Calls within Group Chats for more than 20 people ???

Copper Contributor

Hi everybody, we are using the free version of Teams so far.

We have some Group Chats with more than 30 People.

But the calling and video calling function has been limited to Group Chats with max. 20 persons.

Does anybody know if this is the same with the paid version of teams ? It seems its the same?

Is there another chance to organize video calls with more than 20 people within the free Version of teams ? I've reas about Video meetings about 250 People if i upgrade ?

Or are there more Options if i do upgrade ?

I see there is a section called calling group. But it seems that i have to call everybody in this group with a separate click. So i dont see an option where i can call all the members of a call group with one click ?

Thank you so much...!

Best Wishes, Raphael

3 Replies
best response confirmed by rael81 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi! It’s the same limitation in the paid version too! If there’s more than 20 people in the group, video and some other features like read receipts will be disabled

Adam

@adam deltinger What about Video Conference with max 250 Persons ? I think this comes only with paid version, if you have calendar integrated, right ?

Yeah, in paid! Video here won’t be disabled but only 4 (soon 9) video streams show at the same time! It will switch depending who is actively speaking
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rael81 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi! It’s the same limitation in the paid version too! If there’s more than 20 people in the group, video and some other features like read receipts will be disabled

Adam

View solution in original post