Grid view vs list

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone we are rolling out "Teams only" and killing Skype.  As result we have several users who's view looks different and I cannot seem to fix it. Seems random so far so not sure what is causing it.   I tried the gear next to join or create a team and nothing happens.  I was hoping I could switch to grid view to fix it but maybe that is not it.

Web APPWeb APPDesktop APPDesktop APP

6 Replies
Hello there Dennis!

Well the good news is that there is no issue there! This is the new calling experience and is the new rollout for the moment. You can't change it, it's by-design. Check here : https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=68771

Hope this helps :)
All users have calling but some (most) users have the grid view some have the list view so I don't think it is only one view.
But in the picture you have posted the design of the web app and the design of the desktop app right? Can you clarify?
web app is in Grid view which is what we want
when we switch to desktop app no Skype it is stuck on list view. (only some users not all )
I am not sue how we can change the layout. Some versions ago there was a layout icon under settings so we could change it but that is long gone
Thank you for the clarification :)

Even tho, the answer is the same : for the web app its Grid view for everyone. For the newest versions of MS Teams it's the list view and you can't change it. This is now by-design. For the users that you claim are not having the desktop app with the list view it's probably because their MS Teams is not updated. Can you please check with 2 users - one with desktop app list view and other that have another view - and see their MS Teams version to compare?

Did you had the opportunity to check the road map item I have sent you? Everything is explained there too :)