SOLVED

Give or request Control MS Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi community,

since the last MS Teams Update (1.3.00.21759), I was not able to give control to my Co-worker while sharing my screen. To be specific: I was able to give control and he was able to request it, but after accepting the request, simply nothing happens and I can only see my own mouse. 

Also, I have already checked the hardware accelerations and different other options that are already suggested while browsing the problem.

I'm curious to know if any other user has had comparable problems.

Greets Dominik

12 Replies
Hi!
Can you confirm this happens to other users as well?
I’d suggest you send feedback to Microsoft as well via the feedback button

Adam

@adam deltinger 

Unfortunately I cannot confirm that. Might as well just tell my Co-worker to reinstall MS Teams..

Thanks for your input!

Dom

Hi. I have the same problem, but my problem was happened after updating Windows 10 (from build 18362 to 19041). On Windows 10 (build 18362) working normally. The remote employee was able to give control and I was able to request it, but after accepting the request, simply nothing happens and I can only see the remote mouse. I can not do anything. And all that problem was happened after updating my Windows. I have tested on other PC, on windows 10 (build 18362) work normally and then I updated that PC to windows 10 (build 19041) and remote control stopped working.@adam deltinger 

Is it working again? As of today, the function of remote control while sharing my screen is back again! But still, it seemed to have to do something with the MS Teams update - funny how it randomly works again.
HI, I have the same issue in teams also version: 1.3.00.21759 (64-bit). It looks like a bug within this new Teams version.

Yesterday I experiences this issue and today I experience this bug sometimes.

Hi. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. It's starting to piss me off.@DomStoSe 

hi @DomStoSe 

I am having the same problem with a couple of users of the organization, have you found the solution?

Same here thing is some users it works for, some it doesn't. Very hit or miss.

@krsaliyev 

@b_cinelli I'm seeing the same issues here. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I'm kind of wondering if it has anything to do with the ongoing capacity issues that seemed to have kicked off once back to school started with everyone learning from home --sorta like the "Call Me" function for teams meetings was unresponsive for most of the last two weeks because of demand.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Give this a shot.

While in a screen share session:

-Request Control of the Screen

-After you have received control, click on the chat icon on the left side toolbar.

-That minimizes the screen share session, in the top left.

-Click on the minimized screen share session so it makes it big again.

BOOM works.

It might have to do with the 64bit version of Teams.  32-bit I do not believe is effected.

Let me know if that works for you.

@jab9417 

Great! It's work@b_cinelli 

@b_cinelli 

Thanks, this worked for me!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Give this a shot.

While in a screen share session:

-Request Control of the Screen

-After you have received control, click on the chat icon on the left side toolbar.

-That minimizes the screen share session, in the top left.

-Click on the minimized screen share session so it makes it big again.

BOOM works.

It might have to do with the 64bit version of Teams.  32-bit I do not believe is effected.

Let me know if that works for you.

@jab9417 

View solution in original post