SOLVED

'Get Email Address' for Channels disappeared

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am unable to view the 'get email address' feature on some of the recent channels i have created in MS Teams. The feature is available on some of the older channels.

I have attached screenshots. Does anyone know why this is happening?

44 Replies
Thank you Ryan, the work around just works!

Sorry, I still Can't get the "...." to appear on the left channel pane.. Can help to describe clearly how to do it? sorry and many Thanks!

Where is that enabled at?

Thanks for your instructions but that is not showing up anything either. (can someone confirm this capability is enabled for subscriptions such as EDU, GOV, Non-Profit?

CaptureGetEmailMissing.PNG

I am experiencing the same issue as @ColachoMendoza also on Teams for Gov plan and do not see a way to get an email address. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

It is also worth mentioning that I'm using the standard release Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.1758 (64-bit) 

I haven't received approval to make myself member of the Targeted Updates (A.K.A First Release) 

it might be a targeted release option only and not a standard release feature.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/manage/release-options-in-office-365?redirectSource...

Same issue here... not showing up anywhere in GOV tenant. Thanks MS #backburner
Have you tried the workaround in the “best response”?
Disheartnening, making myself target or first release user did not bring me any good news. The work around only works for commercial tenants not for EDU, GOV, Non-Profit. Can anyone here get our voices heard? I am trying to deploy 1500 users before 3rd quater SPO, OD4B and Teams.
Affirmative. Still not present in Gov tenant... How hard is it to solicit a proper response from the cloud overlords?

Can you also confirm you are using version: You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.1758 (64-bit). It was last updated on 2/15/19. 

They ask me to post a uservoice about this request as the feature has not been enabled:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36984067-get-email-address-gcc

Thanks , I have this problem the solution worked for a while then it back again, but this time the "Get email Address" is not appearing in the middle pane General "..."

are you also on GOV? EDU? Non-profit?

@adam deltinger yes, and I can confirm the work around is not present for GCC

Thanks for this tutorial Luis, unfortunately that didn't enable the get email option for my channels :(…..

@Ryan Stone Having the same issue and the Get email address link doesn't show up anywhere with in Teams, for any Team or Channel

@Brian_H and others I have tried all workarounds and nothing seems to work for me on Web or on PC desktop on free client or EDU.

For days, I am also getting this error message when trying to upload a team picture: "We're still setting up your team, you can change your picture when we're done." and I wonder if the two are related in some way. Maybe the account is somehow incompletely set up.

@dukeforest  Hi, the main issue for us (that I found out) was that the admins hadn't turned on the allow email feature.  Now that it is on, I am able to see it and use it but we have some users that do not see it.  So that is still an issue that we haven't solved yet.  Thanks