SOLVED

'Get Email Address' for Channels disappeared

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am unable to view the 'get email address' feature on some of the recent channels i have created in MS Teams. The feature is available on some of the older channels.

I have attached screenshots. Does anyone know why this is happening?

44 Replies
Where are you seeing the problem: in the desktop client or in the web one? In the desktop client I'm not seeing this with new fresh channels

Hi Juan - this is on the desktop

I am still seeing the option on my instance as well. 

This feature needs to be enabled by your IT admin. Please Check with your IT Admin

Interesting since Benjamin is saying that the option is visible for channels and not for others ;)

It's just a theory but check the permissions of the Connectors if you are a members of the Team. I rec'd the following response from T-Bot about emailing channels:

"How do I send an email to a channel?

You can forward an email to any channel in Teams using a channel email address. Just click More options More options button next to a channel name and then select Get email address. This works for any channel in a team that you own or any channel in a team that lets its members add connectors."   

That makes more sense!!!

Hi Ona - the permissions for all channels affected allow members to add/remove connectors

This looks like a bug because all recent channels created do not have the 'get email address' feature.

Can someone create a dummy channel on their instance and check if this feature is available for them?

Hi

I have just created a new channel and I am getting that option of channel email

Thanks Asjad - so looks like an issue with my instance

that would make sense except for the fact that some channels created a few days ago have this feature available without anything being enabled by my IT admin.

I work as a Consultant so a client of mine has a the same issue on their MS Teams instance 

I am having the same problem. I had previously created channels and added email addresses but none of my recent channels will allow it. There is no "Get Email Address" link in the menu. I am moving a significant workflow to Teams and this issue has stopped me dead in my tracks.

Yeah also having this same issue.

I've deleting and recreating, but still the same. :(

Same in Web and Desktop.

It seems that some of my channels are eventually getting the option. My advice would be to add several “placeholder” channels in your teams so they eventually have the ability to obtain an email address. They can be renamed later.

I'm having the same issue, Get Email Address has disappeared for some channels, not particularly new channels only, i have some channels created at the same period of time and only some are experiencing the issue.
best response confirmed by Anthony Boakye-Mensah (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I had this issue also and opened a support ticket with Microsoft. It's a known bug but there is a workaround! Simply go to a channel for that team - and then in the middle pane where the conversation posts show click the header "..." and you will see the option for it. Once you pick it there it will then show up in the left nav's "..." for each channel.

Awesome! I just added three channels for incoming email alerts and wondered how long I would need to wait for the link to appear. It shows up in the ellipses on the top of the screen when you click on the channel in question. Thanks for sharing!

Now if only I could get @mentions in webhooks, emails, and integrations with SharePoint...

I can't believe I didn't notice that until now.  Thanks for posting that solution.  Saved me from opening a ticket.  

I'm having the same issue in several Office 365 tenants. @Ryan Stone's workaround works. Thanks Ryan!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Anthony Boakye-Mensah (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I had this issue also and opened a support ticket with Microsoft. It's a known bug but there is a workaround! Simply go to a channel for that team - and then in the middle pane where the conversation posts show click the header "..." and you will see the option for it. Once you pick it there it will then show up in the left nav's "..." for each channel.

View solution in original post