SOLVED

General Channels is missing

Copper Contributor

Hi,

The general Channel is missing from my Team. It's not listed in the left pane, but it's shown if I go to the 

manage team option and the "channels" tab. Then I can see it.

In some other Teams groups, I DO see the general channel, but I cannot see other channels that I have created.

4 Replies
Hi,
Do you have the problem in all the Teams clients (Desktop, Web, Mobile) or just in one of them? If this is a general problem, open a support ticket so Microsoft can take a look at what can be happening
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
As Juan said, sounds like a cache issue to me, sign out of whatever client you are in, and sign back in so it updates the cache and see if the issue resolves itself.

Signed out and in, tried the web version of teams on another PC. Still the same. But you are right in that it seems like a cache issue because other users in the tenant do see the folders correctly. I just don't know what to do to "clear the cache". 

I am experiencing the same issue on the "web, desktop app and mobile". I have logged a job with Microsoft to further look. In my case I did not delete the team cache folder, I renamed it teams folder to "Teams_old" and a new Teams folder was generated after I logged in. However, I am still having this issue. Just wondering if anything fixed it for you or if MS support did.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
As Juan said, sounds like a cache issue to me, sign out of whatever client you are in, and sign back in so it updates the cache and see if the issue resolves itself.

View solution in original post