SOLVED

Frequent Disconnection in MS Teams Calls

Brass Contributor

Hello Team

People are complaining that they are getting frequent call disconnection during the meeting, upon check the CQD it showing as packet loss, RTT was high and some time jitter was high

The issue in intermediate, Some times the calls are good.

Upon checking with network team, they are saying no issue at their end. its really a challenging one for me , to determine, where is the packet loss is happening exactly. network team checked thoroughly from Access point to WAN link and no issue observed,

What could be the reason, where can i find the network issue for MS Teams meetings / call.

In CQD it clearly says it was issue with high packet loss. which tool can clearly says about the location of the packet loss and other network impairments

how can we find out, if there is any issue at MS Teams server end during the issue.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ramki1465 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Ramki1465
If the issue only occurs during meetings (server:client legs), there is a pretty good chance your network team is right and your issue is on the Internet, which is pretty hard to control.
If issue also occurs during P2P sessions (client:client leg), the problem is in your internal network.

Jitter on P2P sessions could indicate that some network equipment doesn't prioritize the audio and video traffic properly. Did you make any QoS implementation using GPOs (or equivilent)?? I have seen issues in networks where QoS was implemented by the client team and not in the network (jitter and high packet loss). If so, make sure your client team is tagging correctly and your network team uses the same DSCP values.

/Kenneth ML
Thanks you kenneth ML

This is pure Server:Client Legs issue (Meeting issue) . P2P calls are looks good no complaint majorly. As you said. its very hard to to find the packet loss in internet

We do implemented the QOS in MS Client and as well in network . i will make sure the same DSCP value correctly tagging.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ramki1465 (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Ramki1465
If the issue only occurs during meetings (server:client legs), there is a pretty good chance your network team is right and your issue is on the Internet, which is pretty hard to control.
If issue also occurs during P2P sessions (client:client leg), the problem is in your internal network.

Jitter on P2P sessions could indicate that some network equipment doesn't prioritize the audio and video traffic properly. Did you make any QoS implementation using GPOs (or equivilent)?? I have seen issues in networks where QoS was implemented by the client team and not in the network (jitter and high packet loss). If so, make sure your client team is tagging correctly and your network team uses the same DSCP values.

/Kenneth ML

View solution in original post