Free subscription for Teams for individual users

Copper Contributor

Hi

Can you please provide the steps to use free 6 months subscription of Teams for one of below cases:

1. invidual usage - when trying to make installation I am redirected to Skype wepgage and asked to install skype - even though I complete 100% of Teams installation but I am not able to log in. Is Teams at all available for individual users?

2. school users - my schol currently does not have Microsoft Teams subscription. How can we get it granted as a part of current promotion (6 months for free due to COVID-19)? Please share step by step (school location - Poland).

Let me know in case of any questions.

Rgds

1 Reply

1. Please see the documentation for the Freemium version of Teams - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-freemium

2. Microsoft is giving a six-month free trial for Office 365 for Education, which includes teams HERE. You create an Office 365 Education Tenant, and you have 5,000 total licenses for up to six months - all for free. I've personally used this to setup an EDU tenant for the children in my family to use Minecraft EDU.