Forwarding On-premises UM AutoAttendant call to Teams hosted Extension/user

Brass Contributor

Hi, 

I am in the process of migrating Skype for Business 2015 to Teams and have couple of migrated users to Teams with their DID/Extension. On-Premises Exchange with UM/Auto Attendant is setup but I have an issue.

When dialing an Auto Attendant number and dialing an extension for a user that's been migrated to Teams the call goes no where. 

What kind of rule do I need to setup in order to get calls forwarded to users's extension on Teams ? 

Thank you

4 Replies

@Mohammed Hamada I would move the AA to Teams, Exchange UM AA are very dated, and I would strongly suspect simply can't do what you are asking for. It's no longer supported or exists in Exchange 2019, so whichever version you have will be beyond mainstream support.

Hi Steven,
If I created AA in Teams and still have users in Skype for business on-premises and Teams. would PSTN calls be routed to both users or do I have to migrate all users to Teams in order for that to wokr?

Problem is I have both Response groups as well in addition to AA.
Thank you

Hi @Mohammed Hamada 

Extension dialing from AA will search for attribute Mobile phone or Office phone on your AD. Assuming this is your AA config:

godril__0-1667240083977.png

Put something like ext=XXXX at Office phone or Mobile phone attribute for example:

godril__1-1667240132120.png

Wait for up to 12 hrs for the changes to take effect. I hope this will answer what you're looking for.