SOLVED

forward service number to another service number

Copper Contributor

Hi,

The question is quite simple, but the need a bit complex. Before any explanation, know that there's auto-attendant that are configured to forward external caller to get to the following scenario.

I have numbers that will be used only for forwarding calls to a Call Queue. the main goal was to use user phone's number for the transfer, populate the Call Queue with these users account used for forwarding, configure the forwarding on each teams account toward the call queue.

But I've been asked to do this with service number, so basically when external caller try to reach lets say "+33xxxxxxx12" which here needs to be a service number, this call have to be forwarded to a Call Queue, therefore, a service number.

I have seen that powershell has the command "Set-CsUserCallForwardingSettings" but it is not available on Teams modules, and probably only used for SkypeforBusiness.

Before thinking about using auto-attendant for this scenario "I have 99 numbers that needs to meet the need" is there anything that could allow me to directly forward a service number call to another service number?

Thank you

Regards

Nad

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@WhoThis Unfortunately there would not be a way within the Teams Platform today to do this. Those cmdlets were only available for Skype for Business Server 2019 users. Is the goal to have multiple numbers assigned to a single call queue?

@Eric Marsi, yes, it is, actually multiple numbers for 4 call queue. I had my doubt so I just went with the manual labor of assigning the transfer on each teams account of the numbers.

Thank you
No problem. This is coming soon though just so you are aware :) https://twitter.com/Microsoft365Pro/status/1405761444264615944
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@WhoThis Unfortunately there would not be a way within the Teams Platform today to do this. Those cmdlets were only available for Skype for Business Server 2019 users. Is the goal to have multiple numbers assigned to a single call queue?

View solution in original post