Forward phone call to external number

Copper Contributor

HI,

I created a Teams Auto Attendant linked to some call queues, all with direct routing numbers. This is working fine.

Outside office hours can get their call forwarded to a standby engineer (press 1 at IVR), when you press 1 the cass is forwarded to a call queue with 1 (or more) standby engineers in.

The problem is that let say during weekends those engineers not always have their teams client installed are set as online.. To prevent situations where calls are getting lost we configured the teams client of the standby engineer to forward incoming calls to his external mobile number.

But for some reason this forward isn't working. When the client receives a normal call he can perfectly forward the call to external mobile numbers.

Someone has experience in creating this kind of setups ? 

3 Replies

Hi @bibawa ,

my assumption is that this is working as designed.

It's quite usual, also talking about other PBX systems (like CUCM, OSV), that calls delivered from queue and multi line hunt groups are not taking into account any forwardings set on the pareticular user extension. It is kind of method how to avoid strange, unwanted and also malicious call forwards for pilot numbers. 

@bibawa 

It's now possible to forward auto-attendant and call queue directly to external phone number without necessary to use workaround such as fictive user with additional licences.

Gérald

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/create-a-phone-system-auto-attendant#step-2--create-...

2020-07-20_10h58_29.png

@Gerald_Cheminant630 Auto Attendants, but not Call Queues ......especially Call Answering, unless I am missing something.