Forms bot not answering channel

Brass Contributor

Hello,

i have a problem with the "@forms'' command within a channel

When i start a new conversation in a teams channel with "@forms" then the forms came up an i can select help or the question for example. Then i click on send but not happend then. The bot didn't answer

Forms is available as app in teams. I can also start a one on one chat with the forms bot but not in the channel.

Any ideas ?

Thanks 

Peter

10 Replies

Hi @Pete32,

when you @mention the forms bot you have also to build up the syntax.

It has to look like:

"@Forms Which colour do you like? Red, Green, Yellow"

Does this solve your issue?

@Pete32 as @svenseidenberg says you need to fully form your question in the message. Forms isn't an interactive chat bot where you can build up your survey over a series of messages when working in the channel. If you simply '@forms' and hit return you will just get the below.

@forms.PNG

Hit return and not much happens.

forms return 1.PNG

But if you structure your message as follows it should work:

'@forms Question you want to ask follows by a question mark? answers, seperated, by, commas'

Then hit return and the message will be posted and converted to a form in the channel as below.

forms create one.PNG

Hit return and you get the below.

Forms done.PNG

Hopefully that answers your question. If not and I have missed something or misunderstood what you are asking please let me know.

@ChrisElsdon  @svenseidenberg 

Thanks you for your input but that is my Problem i entered it like you both mentioned but nothing happend.

Any ideas why the bot didn't start the question ?

forma.PNG

@Pete32if you don't put the questionmark at then end does it still not work? I think its getting confused by having 2 questionmarks in the post. You should only put the mark at the end of the question not the whole post:

@forms Question to ask? answer1, answer2

@ChrisElsdon thanks for you hint with the second question mark. But it still doesn't work forms.PNG

@Pete32 have you tried it in different teams and without space right in front of your question mark?

@svenseidenberg@Pete32Just tested and if you put a space between the question end and question mark it does not work.

Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 09.39.46.png

@ChrisElsdon well there we go, should solve the problem! Thanks for testing!

I tested it too just to be sure and well in my tenant it works even with space. But I hope this will solve the issue anyways.

@svenseidenberggood to know there is some consistency!

Hi Guys,

thanks for your help. Now i found a solution for my problem. I uninstalled the Forms in my Team and resinstalled that fixed my problem. Now the Bot came up with the different answers.

Thanks

Peter