Forgot to record a meeting !!?

Copper Contributor
Hi, I had a 4-way meeting today, I didn’t think I needed to record but I’ve now been asked for a detailed summary of the meeting along with what was covered by whom. None of us pressed record. Is there any other way I would be able to re-visit this audio/meeting? Thanks :)
6 Replies
If it wasn’t recorded all you can do is go through the chat that took place, eventual meeting notes taken, whiteboard etc. no other way unfortunately
Oh dear! Thought there may be a back up of some kind. Is this not something admin would have access to or is it likely the video just doesn’t exist at all? I know for future anyway... thanks :)
Yeah, of its not recorded, then it’s not :)

@Megs1357 recording every meeting regardless would not only have storage implications but would most likely breach privacy laws for recording conversations without consent.

perhaps draft your recollections of the meting a discuss with a close colleague in the same meeting if their recollection is the same before releasing to all participants?

@JayUK  in a case of defamation, could a court request Microsoft technician to release the audio of a meeting which happened on Teams and was not recorded? 

@JayUK That's most likely untrue if op is in the USA. 32 out of 50 US states have single-party consent laws, meaning only one person needs to give consent to a recording (usually the person who presses record)