Fluid - Loop App

Bronze Contributor

I am enjoying the public preview of the Live Objects in Teams chats. What are the next steps? What is the Loop App? Is that going to be built on top of the Whiteboard in Teams?

Does anyone have insight or speculation as to what comes next?

9 Replies

Hi @Rob O'Keefe  If you haven't already, you might want to read the Ignite blog: Microsoft Office—Transforming for the hybrid world - Microsoft 365 Blog

@Rob O'Keefe Here is what's coming next in Microsoft Loop:

• Loop pages are flexible canvases where you can organize your components and pull in other useful elements like files, links, or data to help teams think, connect, and collaborate. Pages are optimized for thinking together and getting work done. They can start small and continue to grow to match the size of your ideas and projects.
  • Loop workspaces are shared spaces that allow you and your team to see and group everything important to your project. Workspaces make it easy for you to catch up on what everyone is working on, react to others’ ideas, or track progress toward shared goals. Teams can collaborate synchronously or asynchronously whenever inspiration strikes. 

SourceMicrosoft Office—Transforming for the hybrid world 

Also check the Microsoft official site for Microsoft Loop: Microsoft Loop website 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@Rob O'Keefe Did you have to do anything to get this feature enabled in your Teams?
Fluid / Loop is still not showing in the Teams Chat for me.  I ensured I started a New Blank Chat.
In the Teams Admin Portal, I searched for Loop and get 4 Results which are all Third-Party.

Screenshot 2022-01-03 134454.png 

In the Office Admin Portal, I cannot find any switch to enable. The RoadMap site says it is Rolled out to All Tenants.
Don't really want to contact MS Support unless absolutely necessary.
Any Pointers are Appreciated.

Check if you see it in Public Preview mode, I had to change to that to see Loop in Teams chats.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/public-preview-doc-updates#enable-public-preview

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 6.07.46 PM.png

My fun workaround today was creating a component message to myself within the Teams chat app, then Copy link> open in browser (from here you can view the live component in office.com, OneDrive or SharePoint. Once the .fluid component is open type "/" and you will see a ton of new components :)

Tip from a noob, once you successfully enable Preview or Dev mode you may have to do this again on another sign-in session, if you see the "P" above your name then you are good to go otherwise click "about" under the 3 dots next to your organization name :)

Thanks for the Tip, Teams setting in Desktop does not show Preview. Unfortunately, this is taking me down more of a Rabbit Hole.
Already set for Targeted release for select users in Office Portal, I am one of the Selected.
Teams Global (Org-wide default) set to Follow Office Preview but no option for the Office Current Channel (Preview) listed anywhere.
The blog suggests setting all users to the Preview which is not even an option in my Tenant.
What the Roadmap is really saying is the "Feature Preview" should be released to General and not Active in General.
I know , Bad form to Reply to my own Post.
I finally got Loop to work in Teams.
I had to change my Teams Policy from "Follow Office" to "Enable"
After about 3 hours , I signed out of Teams and back in and I could switch to Preview in Teams Desktop.
Not at all! a post like that could help multiple people down the road! not enough people post their "resolution" to problems! Glad you got it working!