Files vanished from Channel view but still available in Files view

Microsoft

Hello everyone,

I have a free Teams subscription and some data seems to have been unlinked from the Channel it belonged to. I still see the file in "Files" view but I can't see that file when I look for it in the different Channels. Note that this behavior occurs in the web version of Teams, not in the local client.

Anybody can give me a hand?

9 Replies
Try clearing all the browser cache! You can try first logging into a Private browser session
Tried that already. Tested it with several browsers. Will give it a try to the inprivate session but I don’t expect that to solve it.

@adam deltinger tested the in-private alternative below and got the same results. The file seems to be severed from where it was supposed to live in.

Can you please explain your issue again? If you navigate to other channels, they will have their own file tab storage space
Of course. I was looking for a file and I just couldn't find it if I navigated through the Channels view in my Teams. I thought somebody had deleted it. After panicking for a while I thought I could look into the "Files" section in the ribbon. And by doing so I found my file.

The funny thing though is that the path that one can see refers to a Channel name that is no longer a valid Channel path.

For the sake of completeness of information, I must add that I had to enable anonymous access to the file because I needed to allow external and not authenticated people to access the file. Now that I come to think about it I realize that something may be worth mentioning: I had to tamper with Sharepoint attributes back then. Not sure if that messed things up though.

@adam deltinger what do you think? is my explanation above a bit more clear? thanks!

I believe the SharePoint (channel) folders have been renamed/changed/deleted.. go to SharePoint and see if you can find the file there and where it’s located

@adam deltinger unless I'm overlooking something, if I go to sharepoint I don't see my file. Adding a few snapshots to further clarify what I see.

Annotation 2020-05-19 123753.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-19 123753_2.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-19 124030_3.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-19 124213_4.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-19 124300_5.jpg