Files tab navigation

Brass Contributor

When navigating a SharePoint document library, through the Files tab in a Teams Channel ----

When actually navigating, I get a file path at the top which allows me to backup a folder or two

pic1.JPG

When I come to a set of files, and open one of them, it opens by default in the Teams viewer.   Great

When I close the file, I'm take back to the top level of the Document Library. 

This is NOT a user friendly way to sort through a set of files.  Is there something I've got mis-configured?

3 Replies
Yeah, too many folders :).

On a serious note thou, Teams doesn't save state anywhere and it's a big usability issue IMO, since you have the same thing happen with any PowerApp or Website tabs in Teams and you navigate off to answer a chat etc.

I'm hoping with pop out windows they think about some of this stuff and let us pop out a document edit etc. to help with things like this, but Honestly I always just use the Open in SharePoint option or Client when dealing with files instead of the Teams browser due to this issue.

@Chris Webb 

"I always just use the Open in SharePoint option or Client when dealing with files instead of the Teams browser due to this issue."

which I think defeats the purpose and concept of "single pane of glass"

Agree but you got to work with what you have until it can improve.